Wednesday 8 September 2010

A chocolate cake is a chocolate cake you may think... well I have found the most creative chocolate cake makers you can imagine! LUcky's make the most decadent, extravagant chocolate cakes you have ever seen, inspired by Lewis Carroll's Wonderland. Check out their website here and don't miss the introduction. It's inspired all right!


Here are some photos (courtesy of Luckys) of the creations to get your mouth watering. Only for serious chocoholics!







Amazing packaging




You can buy them online or if you are in London, from Raoul's Gourmet

I made a chocolate cake last weekend for a bbq we had at home and it was very very good. I will post the recipe later... It is one of my hero Donna Hay's recipes called Chocolate Buttermilk Cake. I have since made it again and keep it in the refrigerator so that i can sneak pieces when I feel the need (quite often) It is not like a sponge cake, much denser and more moist, but just made using cocoa powder. The trick was I didn't have any buttermilk so used plain milk with a spoonful of fresh lemonjuice in it.


Dessert buffet from our BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment