Monday 6 July 2009

Willow's 2nd Birthday Party



Well the party was perfect really. I ran out of time to put up all the decoration that I had planned, partly because everything I put up, Willow proceeded to pull down again so I had a battle to get anything up! The weather was perfect, everyone looked gorgeous and the food and drinks went down well. I made blinis with smoked salmon, creme fraiche and chives, chickpea and aubergine fritters with cumin yoghurt dip, little chicken mayo sandwiches, little maple syrup cookies shaped like stars, flowers etc. and iced in pastel colours, and of course the delicious cupcakes from Cake Marbella (http://www.cakemarbella.com/) were devoured! I made a coconut cake iced in pastel flowers for the birthday cake and instead of take home bags there was a flower pot (in a baked bean can) with their name on it. Oh and Bellinis with fresh peach puree for the adults!!

3 comments:

  1. The party photos are so sweet! Glad the cupcakes were a success (and your Bellini's sound pretty tasty too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found the owner of these fab photos! Well done the party looked amazing, I loved the photos when Mark emailed me and I checked out his blog. Can I post them on my site for kids party inspirations :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would be lovely to meet up definitely :) Sorry to hear the baby is ill though, mine was earlier this year and it was fairly miserable :( Hope she gets better soon though x

    ReplyDelete